If you have any comments on
- any challenges you face with the current schema - i.e. what’s not working for you?
- any ideas you have for additions that would make the schema work better for you, or
- questions you have about the schema,
please contact us via our Google discussion group. We will review the suggestions and comments on a monthly basis, and reply using this same discussion forum.
For our Metadata store all these versions are valid, although only one version is considered preferred at any given moment of time. Starting with version 3.0 only major releases will have a new namespace.
Each incoming Metadata store XML document should indicate the schema location in the root element.
DataCite Metadata Schema 3 latest release (preferred)
- DataCite Metadata Schema 3.1 (released October 16, 2014)
- DataCite Metadata Schema 3.0 (released July 24, 2013)
- DataCite Metadata Schema 2.2 (released July 1, 2011)
DataCite Metadata Schema 2.1 (released March 28, 2011)
Each available version of a schema is a subdirectory containing a set of files. Those files constitute single metadata version. There are all the required xsd files, a sample xml file and a pdf documentation. The files don’t reference any other files outside of their version subdirectory.
These versions are no longer accepted by the DataCite MDS.
- DataCite Metadata Schema 2.0 January 24, 2011)
If you have questions please use the DataCite contact form.
This project is hosted on GitHub.