Released 16 Aug 2019. Changes in this version include:
- Addition of optional “affiliationIdentifier”, “affiliationIdentifierScheme”, and “schemeURI” for affiliation
- Addition of optional “schemeURI” for funderIdentifier
- Addition of “ROR” to allowed values for funderIdentifierType
Released 20 Mar 2019. Changes in this version include:
- Addition of new dateType “Withdrawn”
- Addition of new relationType pair: IsObsoletedBy and Obsoletes
- Addition of new relatedIdentifierType “w3id”
- Addition of new subproperties for Rights:
- Addition of the XML language attribute to the properties Creator, Contributor and Publisher for organizational names.
Released 23 Oct 2017. Changes in this version include:
- Allowing multiple polygons per GeoLocation
- Addition of new optional “inPolygonPoint” subproperties for polygon
- Addition of new dateType “Other”
- Addition of a new resourceType “DataPaper”
- Addition of three new relationType pairs: IsDescribedBy and Describes, HasVersion and IsVersionOf, IsRequiredBy and Requires
- Addition of new subproperty for Date: dateInformation
- Addition of a new optional attribute for creatorName and ContributorName: nameType. Controlled list: personal, organizational
- Addition of a new optional “resourceTypeGeneral” attribute for relatedIdentifier. Controlled list is identical to existing resourceTypeGeneral attribute
- Addition of optional lang attribute to Rights property
Released 19 Sep 2016. Changes in this version include:
- Changing resourceTypeGeneral from optional to mandatory
- Addition of a new property: FundingReference, with subproperties funderName, funderIdentifier, awardNumber, awardURI and awardTitle. Deprecation of contributorType “funder”
- Addition of new optional subproperties for creatorName and contributorName: familyName and givenName
- Addition of a new relatedIdentifierType option “IGSN”
- Addition of a new subproperty for GeoLocation “geoLocationPolygon”, and changing the definition of the existing GeoLocation subproperties (geoLocationPoint and geoLocationBox)
Released 16 Oct 2014. Changes in this version include:
- New affiliation attribute for Creator and Contributor
- New relationType pairs IsReviewedBy/Reviews and IsDerivedFrom/IsSourceOf
- New contributorType: DataCurator
- New relatedIdentifier types: arXiv and bibcode
Released 24 Jul 2013.
DataCite to Dublin Core Mapping 4.4
Released 8 Jul 2021.
For our Metadata store all these versions are valid, although only one version is considered preferred at any given moment of time. Starting with version 3.0 only major releases will have a new namespace.
The version number is formatted as: Major.Minor
- Major Version — A major release is for adding features that require breaking backward compatibility with previous versions or represent fundamental changes. For a major release, the MAJOR component is incremented by one and the MINOR component is set to zero, e.g. 3.1 to 4.0.
- Minor Version — A minor release is for adding features that do not break backward compatibility with previous versions and for fixing bugs that may or may not break backwards compatibility. For a minor release, the MINOR component is incremented by one, e.g. 3.0 to 3.1.
Each incoming Metadata store XML document should indicate the schema location in the root element.
Each available version of a schema is a subdirectory containing a set of files. These files constitute a single metadata version. They include all the required xsd files, sample xml files and documentation. The files don’t reference any other files outside of their version subdirectory.
These versions are no longer accepted by the DataCite MDS.